Pacific Arts Association at College Art Association
Announcement of Exhibition Funding Opportunities in 2012
Deadline: September 1, 2010
As an affiliated society of CAA, PAA is pleased to publicize the following exhibition funding opportunity to members and others interested in exhibiting and showcasing Pacific visual culture:
CAA invites curators to submit proposals for exhibitions whose openings coincide with upcoming Annual Conferences. The exhibitions must be held in the conference city and on view during the conference dates:
• Los Angeles, February 2012. Deadline: September 1, 2010
There are no limitations on the theme or media of work to be included in the exhibition, except that it must be a group show of contemporary art comprising about fifteen artists. CAA’s Exhibition Committee reviews and evaluates proposals based on merit.
CAA provides support for the exhibition with a grant of up to $10,000. An additional grant of $5,000 is available for an exhibition catalogue to be printed in sufficient numbers for distribution to all Annual Conference attendees. Preference is given to those proposals that include both an open call and some CAA members among the exhibiting artists.
Please note that the proposal does not need a letter of support from PAA and can be directly submitted to Emmanuel Lemakis, CAA Director of Programs at email@example.com.
Proposals must be submitted by e-mail and should include the following information:
• Name(s) of curator(s) or organizer(s), affiliation(s), and CV(s)
• A brief statement of 250 words or less describing the exhibition’s theme and explaining any special or timely significance it may have
• Identification of the designated venue, including a brief description of the exhibition space, its staffing and security features, and the approval for this exhibition by the venue’s appropriate officer or authority; a space of no less than three thousand square feet is highly recommended
• A detailed exhibition budget for expenses and income, showing other anticipated sources of funding or in-kind support
If you have any questions, please contact Emmanuel Lemakis, CAA Director of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit PAA at CAA for more information about PAA's affiliate society, upcoming sessions, and session and paper proposals for the next CAA conference.