The Pacific Arts Association is an international organization devoted to the study of the arts of Oceania. Its goals are:
- To make members more aware of the state of all the arts in all parts of Oceania.
- To encourage international understanding among the nations involved in the arts of Oceania.
- To promote high standards of research, interpretation and reporting on the arts of Oceania.
- To stimulate more interest in the teaching of courses on Oceanic art especially but not only at the tertiary educational level.
- To encourage greater cooperation among the institutions and individuals who are associated with the arts of Oceania.
- To encourage high standards of conservation and preservation of the material culture in and of Oceanic arts.
CURRENT PACIFIC ARTS ASSOCIATION OFFICERS
Pacific Arts Association (PAA)
Vice-President, Chair, Europe
Vice-President, Chair, Pacific
Lisa McDonald, Canterbury Museum
Vice-President, Chair, North America
Information Manager and Webmaster
Caroline Vercoe and Marion Cadora
PAA at CAA Liaison
Pacific Arts Association-Europe (PAA-E)
Wonu Veys, Nationaal Museum van Wereldculturen, the Netherlands
Dorothea Deterts, Ethnologisches Museum, Berlin
Roberta Colombo Dougoud, Musée d'Ethnographie, Geneva